Monday, September 13, 2010

"I'm strong to the finich Cause I eats me spinach."

Don't tell my mom I am finally eating spinach!  I put up a good fight back in the day, professing that I will NEVER like spinach.  When given the choice of "eat it or wear it!" I always chose to wear it, however was never held up on my parents end.  Now this time I wore and ate, mostly because my chopsticks efficiency is lacking.  Why I thought chopsticks were a good idea, I may never know. 

This recipe is for roughly two to three servings.  It seem like a lot at first but it really cooks down. 

1lb of shrimp (cooked or raw--how much work do you want to do?)
1 bunch of spinach
4 cloves (or more if you are me) of garlic chopped
1Tablespoon Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste

If shrimp is not cooked, boil water and add shrimp, cook until shrimp is white and red.  This will not take long, and over cooking leads to chewy shrimp.  Heat olive oil in pan and garlic, cook until garlic is lightly browning. Add shrimp.  If you bought pre-cooked frozen shrimp make sure it is thawed and excess water is drained. Quickly coat shrimp in oil and garlic, then start adding spinach.  Add small amounts and let the spinach wilt before adding more.  Remove from heat, find left over chop sticks and enjoy! 

Take me to your leader
*for those that like a little spice, add some crushed red pepper flakes for a little zing!
*instead of cooking the spinach you could add them to a spinach salad
*instead of spinach you could top your leafy green of choice, hell even broccoli would be good rolled around in olive oil and garlic!
*instead of spinach you could have some spaghetti squash cooked up and ready to throw in
*this recipe is fast and easy, just like ol' Fluffy back on the farm
*I often make inside/family jokes, don't stress about understanding them
*"Toot! Toot!"

6 comments: